Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Monitoring The Vote

Simon Owens of Bloggasm just published a great article on PBS entitled Citizens, Media Use Social Media to Monitor Election. He emailed me and asked me to post a link and I was happy to do so. I also actually read his article (smile) and ended up learning about and hooking up to more vote-related sites, like the Twitter Vote Report.

So, if you are voting today, please Video Your Vote (it might be the ONLY PROOF we have of anybody's vote) and hook up to any of these vote monitoring sites, especially any of them that use Twitter, to record any problems you have or observe during your vote.

I voted by absentee ballot a while ago, and I had a moment when I considered making a copy of my ballot for proof, but I got distracted and never did. I wish that I had!

If you are as interested in the results of the California same-sex marriage ban proposition as I am, you can track their progress on Twitter @noonprop8.

If you want to keep up with any and all Tweets about the election, you can go to Politweets, a little website that constantly updates with any tweets that have the candidate names or parties in them. (Hat tip to my pal in Palm Springs, CoffeeSister and her twittering self.)

I don't know about you guys, but I am both excited and nervous about this election. So many things in the balance. I woke up at 5ish this morning to a blue sky Paris and a prediction of 60 degrees (it's been cold and rainy for the last few days). A great omen? Perhaps. I'll be inside, glued to my Mac, wandering out on the balcony once in a while to have a smoke. Unfortunately, you are all going to sleep right now, and I will be sitting here twiddling my thumbs. At least I got to see the very first results, pouring in from Dixville Notch. Obama won 15-6. It's a small town. But it looks like at least 15 of them must not be real Americans. Hmmm.

blog comments powered by Disqus