Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Do Strap-On Bombs Come In Pink?

For all those snotty people who say to me, in snide pissant voices, "Oh stop complaining about FISA and your stupid privacy. What do you have to hide anyway?" I would like to point their up-swung noses to this little news item, so they can read about what happens when you let people wire tap all willy-nilly-like.

Give 'em an inch, they'll take a mile. Every time. I guarantee that FISA will lead to abuse (she says naively, as if abuse isn't already rampant). FISA will allow one political party to spy on another (guess which one), it will allow corporate espionage, it will allow our government to spy on people like me who bitch about them having the right to spy on me.

I think we should all start flooding the Intertubes with emails chock full of all the words that wake up the CIA computers from their slumbers. Anthrax. Cyanide. Nail polish remover. (That's a code word for something nefarious, I'm sure.) Just add them to our regular email signature and email away.

I think all our telephone conversations should start like this:

Faux Terrorist #1: "Should we strap on the fannypack bomb or the backpack bomb today?"
Faux Terrorist #2: "Oh, I don't know, which one is pink. I'm in a pink mood today."

1 comments:

Richard said...

Dearheart you have made me smile again. And after my recent travails that takes some doing.

It actually sounds kinda pricey in Paree, but you seem to be making do.

As to Sigh Kol Ogee, them republicans know a thing or two about that now don't they. After all mass hysteria is the only possible excuse for a two term Bush presidency.

Rich