Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Holy Shit. I Think I'm Catholic Again

UPDATE: Why oh why oh why oh why did this guy have to be such a dick and denigrate Hillary Clinton at Obama's church while Obama was there? What the fuck? Did he want to put seven more nails in Obama's coffin? I just don't get it. Talk about GOD for fuck's sake.

I need to find Rev. Michael L. Pfleger's church and telecommute. If ever I would come running, running, running back to the Catholic Church, it would be because of him. (Don't tell my parents, however.) This video has really poor sound, but lean in because every single word counts. All I can say is, YOU GO, Father Mike. You go. (If you are viewing this post via email, please click through to my blog to view the video.)



Statement by Rev. Michael L. Pfleger
on Rev. Dr. Jeremiah Wright's Visit to the Church on March 28, 2008

On Friday, March 28, 2008, I invited Rev. Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr. to Saint Sabina’s African American Speaking Series, where Dr. Maya Angelou was the guest speaker. I invited Dr. Wright because he is a friend, mentor and hero of mine and because he is someone for whom I have great respect. I also invited him to feel and see the great love and respect people have for him.

As I said on Friday, Dr. Wright is one of the great biblical scholars of our country and the best of preachers in the prophetic tradition. Dr. Wright has been shamefully demonized by 30 second sound bites that have tried to re-define him into someone other than who he is.

I believe the attacks on Dr. Wright are two-fold.

As a back door entrance to attack and try and weaken Senator Barack Obama.

To stifle the freedom of prophetic preaching in the church.

Both of these are unacceptable! I stand with Rev. Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr. as a friend and as a preacher who I respect.

Statement by:

Rev. Michael L. Pfleger, Pastor

the Faith Community of Saint Sabina

2 comments:

Richard said...

It's nice to see someone has the sack to stand up to the religiofascists.

Still; I'd like to hear a priest condemning their homo-pedophilic culture and offering solutions to fixing it.

Rich

karen said...

Wow. Can I be Catholic? Awesome.