Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Huge Pile Of Oil

I found a goldmine this morning when I got a MySpace friend request from the Project For The Old American Century (POAC), an antidote to the Project For The New American Century (PNAC), the bastion of Neocon insanity, about whom I regularly rant and rave, but it seems most people, including my girlfriend who was a Republican Senator (!!), go, "Huh?" Spittin' in the wind, I am.

Anyway - the POAC website sent me on an Internet surf that I still haven't finished, and one of the gems in the jewel box was Eric Blumrich, creator of BushFlash.com and one of the finalists in the MoveOn.org Bush in 30 Seconds video contest.

Here's one of Eric's succinct answers to a frequently asked question:

SADDAM HUSSEIN WAS A EVIL MAN WHO KILLED THOUSANDS- WHY ARE YOU OPPOSED TO THE UNITED STATES REMOVING HIM FROM POWER? Because of many reasons:

1: The world is full of evil dictators that have killed their own citizens. Heck- just look at the skyrocketing cancer rates in Texas that have come about as a result of the reckless environmental policies Bush signed into law, while governor of that beknighted state. We ignore the other dictators, and focused on this one, because he was sitting on top of a huge pile of oil.

2: Further, the United States government, under a number of administrations, sat idly by, and even SUPPORTED Hussein, while he was committing his crimes. We only decided to go after him, when an administration came to power that had two oilmen at the top. Why? Because he was sitting on top of a huge pile of oil.

3: Further, the "Liberation" of Iraq was not the reason that we, the US public, were given as the reason for this war. We were sold a load of lies about weapons of mass destruction, and links to al-qaeda. You can't change boats in mid-stream when it comes to weighty issues, such as war. Why were we told these lies? Because Hussein was sitting on top of a huge pile of oil.

3 comments:

Hungry Mother said...

It's so true and so sad that American foreign policy is so fickle. It doesn't seem to be based on any principles, just on expediency.

OMYWORD! said...

I think that greed has become the overriding principle, and is exercised with expediency. :-(

RT said...

Found you today off the blogrush widget on my blog. Nice to see that others my age think as clearly and analytically and humorously as me. I put your link on my blog. If you get the chance check me out at http://onemansop.blogspot.com/

RT