Pages

Friday, January 4, 2008

Raptor Jesus Wins Iowa

Silly me. I thought, when I saw this article on Wonkette, that the Raptor Jesus mention on the Iowa Caucus Wikipedia page was in reference to Huckabee...because he's a creationist (you know, they're pretty dinosaur heavy), and he believes that Jesus will get him elected. Here's the now-gone image from the Iowa Caucus Wiki page:


So...I did a little research and found out that Raptor Jesus started as a photographic meme where people put raptor heads on any pictures of Jesus that they could find. I enjoy this kind of blasphemy. I think Jesus would chuckle too. (I know him well enough to say so. Oh, you don't? Too bad for you. This probably means you will be going to hell, but I won't.)

But anyway, Raptor Jesus, um, I mean, Huckabee won the Republican Iowa Caucus. This scares the crap out of me. The guy is a certifiable lunatic. But I have some faith (well, not that kind) that at least the Republican party hates him. (Just ask Rush Limbaugh, the Party's Parrot.) So we know he'll go dooooowwwwwwnnnnn.

More on my thoughts about the rest of the Iowa Caucus later...

1 comments:

Mauigirl said...

Huckabee scares the heck out of me too. Just what we need - another right-wing Christian who knows zilch about other countries in the White House.