Pages

Monday, October 22, 2007

Is it Possible? Another Positive Development?

I can't believe it, actually. Here I am, all mopey-like, believing that the world is coming to an end, that the neocons will have it all to themselves, that the rest of us bloody puffters who care about stupid shit like people being killed and countries being occupied, will just melt into oblivion, that run-on sentences will go unpunished...

Oh, I'm sorry. Got a little carried away.

Here is my Second Positive Post in a Row. A freakin' record for me.

The city of Philadelphia, where I was born, where I first got felt up, where I first tried semi-dangerous drugs, the city my parents left behind when they went to "God's Country" (Arizona), yes, that city...has had the best idea ever: 10,000 Men. They are recruiting 10,000 men, mostly African-American, to create a presence on every street in the city, as a deterrent to crime. Holy Shit that's a good idea.

In corporate America, we called it "Getting buy-in." Or some shit like that. I'm surprised we didn't give it an acronym, like GBI. Basically, if you get your customer, or your team members, or your employees, or your neighbors, to personally buy in to whatever you are promoting (um, like peace), then you will be successful. If not, you're fucked.

Read about it HERE.
Visit the website HERE.

You just don't know how happy this makes me.

"When we're together, we have power. And when we have power, we can make decisions."

1 comments:

Dr. T said...

THis is a wonderful idea, and it's about time people started caring about their neighborhoods enough to want them to be decent places to live. It's about time people started realizign that blaming others for your situation doesn't do anything for it.