Pages

Monday, August 6, 2007

Now Lisa, About That Anger

I've been thinking about my anger. For about 30 years. I haven't come to any final conclusions. I'll let you know when I do. Meanwhile, don't piss me off. It isn't pretty.

There are a few things that I have observed, though. When men get angry, it's ok. When women get angry, it's not.

So finally, it took a woman to conduct a study to prove what we've all known for 3000 years.

Check out this article over at the Suicide Girls' blog:

Angry Men Make the World Go Round, Angry Women are Incompetent Bitches.

(That's an angry-ass font, isn't it?)

The article also reminded us that Republican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman said back in '04 that Hillary Clinton was too "angry" to be elected president. He's a dick. Plain and simple. Chris Mathews is also a dick. He called Hillary a witch.

I'm not voting for Hillary unless I have to. But just because she's smart and powerful, doesn't mean she's an angry witch.

I went looking for photos to illustrate the difference between angry men and angry women. I found a "respectable" angry man picture right away. All the angry woman photos were either depicting crazy, out-of-control women, women who were hanging onto or kneeling in front of and desperately grasping at fleeing men, or scantily-clad, sexy women with guns or knives (ala Ursula Andress). So I guess I just conducted my own study and proved the same point, in less than 5 minutes, with no funding, by the way.

Here's the "respectable" angry man. The one with "righteous" anger. Like Jesus.

"I'll get those dirty Huns for killin' my womens and chillins." Blech.

Look how manly he is. Did he have to have red hair?

Now here's a woman that you've got to respect. She looks real capable. She doesn't waste any time showing off by throwing her hat on the ground and ripping off her jacket. No. She just calmly pulls her gun out and aims it straight and steady. I like her.

(Full Disclosure: OK, I couldn't resist using this photo on my other blog today too. She's aiming that gun over there too.)

0 comments: